- Ensure you understand what role you are being interviewed for.
- Confirm the time and location of your interview, and if possible find out who will be interviewing you.
- Do a practice run of your journey to the interview location, getting lost or finding out about a closed road is the last thing you want on the day.
- Leave early! Arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time, it makes you look well prepared and committed to making a good impression.
- Find out about the company before the interview, and review this information on your way to the interview. Knowing what a company stands for, their objectives and what they are currently working on is important, and often discussed in interview.
- Dress smart. You should be in formal business attire, gentlemen wearing a tie.
- Know your CV – the interviewer will probably ask you questions based on the information you provide.
- Stay positive! Avoid talking negatively about previous/current employers or aspects of your work.
Pre interview check list
You should take the following items (placing these in a smart business folder can create a good first impression).
- Map / Directions
- Telephone Number of company (in the event you are running late or lost)
- Names of interviewers
- Pen / Paper
- Two copies of your CV
- List of questions that you would like to ask.