Job Title: Mechanical Test Fiitter
Location: Elland, West Yorkshire
Salary: £25000 to £27000
Hours: Day Shift
Mechanical Fitter / Tester
To be considered for the position of Mechanical Fitter, you will need the following:
- Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline – ideally to HNC level (not essential)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in a testing / development role
- Able to work as part of a team and participate in project work.
The position of Mechanical Test Fitter will consist of the following tasks and duties:
- Establish the tasks required and how they should be carried out, which may involve the adaptation of existing methods and procedures.
- Maintain Health & Safety standards within area.
- Drive 6’s standards in your area. Maintain paperwork for 6’s Boards in area.
- Manages and updates matrices daily.
- Participates in both department projects and overall operations projects when required.
- Improves quality and eliminates errors. Improve customer satisfaction.
- Able to work as part of a team or under own initiative.
- Maintain operational logs for equipment as necessary.
- Lead or participate in “Lean” related activities to continually improve the operational effectiveness of the process and areas
- Teamwork – Lead by example and gain involvement from team in order to optimise area performance.
- Complete in progress check sheet for all valves built
- Develop, maintain and adhere to SOP (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Help to define, diagnose and solve problems as part of a team using a logical and disciplined approach (i.e. 8D).
- To be flexible and work in bottle neck areas within your skill level.
- Check test equipment is fit for testing of valves and highlight any concerns.
- Hydro test body and seat, FE testing and vacuum testing of valves to weir procedures, this includes ASME procedures.
- Interface with customer or third party inspectors where required
- Input data on system for products which have passed and failed test.
This company are a part of a worldwide organisation that has been established for many years.
They can offer stability, progression and on going training.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.