Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor (Nights)
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £25000 to £26000
Hours: Mon To Thurs 4pm-12am Fri 12pm-8pm
Warehouse Supervisor (Nights)
- Proven leadership skills and experience in a distribution, inventory warehouse management or related field.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems.
- Experience of Shipping Chemicals - DGSA, ADR, IMDG & IATA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organised with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of managing effective procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of ERP & Inventory management systems - JDE & tcmIS preferred but not essential.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
Warehouse Supervisor (Nights)
Overall responsibility for an operational warehouse department using the correct management tools, to ensure effective and efficient processes.
• To maintain and develop two-way communication between management and team members using the Plan-Do-Check-Act philosophy.
• To ensure that every warehouse operator is in compliance with the warehouse quality management systems at all times and participate in regular reviews of documentation.
• Develop and maintain efficiency improvements relating to the department.
• Plan and implement training matrix to ensure future development of all team members and conduct regular competency reviews to ensure all procedures are understood and followed.
• Maintain, manage and develop key performance indicators (K.P.I.) to enable fast response to abnormal conditions / adverse measurements.
• Manage the staff within a warehouse department, handling any issues in a fair, timely and professional manner.
• Ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety policy.
• Assist with the effective induction of new staff within the warehouse.
• Ensure all duties are carried out in compliance with the Company Equalities Policy.
• To carry out any similar duties as required by the Warehouse Managers.
• Manage the safe and efficient running of the Chemical Warehouse.
• Ensure operations comply with regulations and manufacturer's recommendations for managing, storing and shipping chemicals.
• Manage the appropriate storage and segregation of goods according to their hazardous status.
• Ensure that Shelf Life Expiry (SLE) reports are produced and appropriate action is taken.
• Action all Return Material Authorisations (RMA's).
• Ensure all on-site facilities, lifting apparatus and vehicles are maintained to a high standard at all times.
• Manage safety and fire safety procedures; Ensuring appropriate safety checks and documentation for stores apparatus including steps, spill kits, PPE, First Aid Kits, eye wash and fire safety equipment.
Warehouse Supervisor, Supervisor, Team Leader.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.