Salary dependent on skill and experience
4 on 4 off
Your skills, experiences and attributes will include...
- Experience of supervising a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Ability to prioritise work efficiently
- Basic computer literacy skills Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to clearly communicate at all levels, both verbally and written
- Able to problem solve
- Able to work well under pressure
- Dynamic and driven and looking for an opportunity to work in a demanding, exciting and changing environment
The key purpose of the role is work with, and to deputise for the Shift Manager to facilitate the effective day to day operations of the department ensuring the completion of all day to day tasks and achievement of departmental targets. Duties will include...
- To be responsible for the day to day/night to night control of the workflow and organisation of the team to ensure that the standards of performance, attendance, quality, housekeeping and conduct are met
- To carry out checks to ensure information has been recorded correctly i.e. K.P.I. report and register etc.
- To support the induction period for all new employees and to ensure that all staff receive the relevant training to effectively carry out their role
- To investigate all complaints of an operational nature providing solutions to the issues where necessary
- To ensure that effective handovers are completed across shifts
- To provide management information based on departmental performance as requested
- To ensure that the team fully understand the business and departmental objectives
- To provide on the job support and coaching for team members to enable them to achieve the required standard of performance and behaviours
- Conduct regular team briefing sessions to deliver company information and to receive feedback from the team
- To deputise in the absence of the Shift Manager, ensuring that continuity of service is continued to the same standards
- To undertake any additional duties in line with business requirements
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.