Circa £31,000 per annum
Sunday to Thursday 7am to 4pm
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes.
- Ideally you will have worked in a Transport Supervisor or similar.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft packages and ideally experience or exposure to vehicle tracking systems.
- Good communicator with the ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and written
- Adaptable and flexible to the needs if the business with a can-do attitude.
- A good team player with the ability to get the best out of those around you
- A CPC is desirable but not essential
Your main roles and responsibilities will include.
- Supervising a fleet of circa 24 vehicles and a team of 30-40 drivers.
- Pre-brief and de-brief drivers to ensure duties are understood and then welcome back to ensure the days duties have been completed and within WTD legislation and health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Tracking and monitoring drivers using Verilocation
- Make adjustments to the operating plan as required
- Managing and delivering the despatch plan
- Managing KPI's.
- Asset tracking for service and MOT
- Carry out return to work meetings with drivers
- Receiving and making operational calls
- Conduct Return to Work interviews and disciplinary investigations as required
- Asset tracking to ensure vehicles and trailers are available for scheduled servicing and maintenance
- Liaise with external and internal customers regarding stick and load availability
- Compile reports as necessary for the business.
Our client is a leading logistics firm seeking a Transport Supervisor to lead the day to day running of a busy transport office.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.
Proman recognises the value of a diverse workforce that reflects the multitude of different people in our society. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics including individuals with disabilities and those from BAME communities.