Job Title: Transport Administrator
Salary: £16,000 to £22,500 (depending on experience)
Hours: Monday - Friday 12pm - 9pm
Your skills, experiences and attributes will include...
• Experience working in Transport / Roadfreight.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
• Highly organised and a team player
• Deadline focused
• Flexible, adaptable and quick to learn
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Detail focused
• Must be able to work well under pressure
• Fluent English, both written and spoken is essential
• Possess a positive outlook, constructive responses to the challenges of work
• Knowledge of European groupage is advantageous
Your duties will include...
• Update collection and delivery status in a timely manner
• Responsible for web bookings
• Monitor, chase and process all POD's ensuring timely updating of internal system.
• Log and report outturn daily reports, cross referencing any discrepancies, completion of new job references, delivery notes and amending of job details within a 2 hour window
• Manifest daily export trailers and send related pre-advices
• All related administrative activities in the Roadfreight department.
• Contact hauliers to provide quotations for special collections/deliveries
• Checking that collections are clear and populating the planning sheet
• Responsible for creation and issuing of run sheets detailing all collections and deliveries
• Working with Warehouse and Transport teams to ensure smooth and efficient movement of all shipments
• Customer Service - dealing with queries from customers, subcontractors and drivers and assist in their enquiries via phone and email, ensuring satisfactory and timely resolution
• Data entry with attention to detail
• Transport planning for same day collections
• Adding accruals
• Creating movements for subcontractors
• Irish trailer planning, booking, updating and manifesting
• Entering and updating consignments
• Afternoon trunking outturns
• Completing trailer log reporting and 'left in depot' reporting
Our client is a leading global provider of comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions. They are currently looking for a Transport Administrator to join the team on a permanent basis. This is your chance to join a very successful organisation in an extremely interesting position.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.