£9.36 per hour
4 on 4 off – 6am – 6pm
Proman is currently supporting the appointment of a Transport Administrator for a distribution company in the Sheffield area.
- Experience in transport admin / road freight
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Highly organised and a team player
- Deadline focused
- Flexible, adaptable and quick to learn
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail focused
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Fluent English, both written and spoken is essential
- Manifest daily export trailers and send related pre-advices
- Update collection and delivery status in a timely manner
- Responsible for web bookings
- Monitor, chase and process all POD’s ensuring timely updating of internal system.
- Log and report outturn daily reports, cross referencing any discrepancies, completion of new job references, delivery notes and amending of job details within a 2 hour window
- Contact hauliers to provide quotations for special collections/deliveries
- Monitor and deal with transport queries by liaising with other depots
- Checking that collections are clear and populating the planning sheet
- Responsible for creation and issuing of run sheets detailing all collections and deliveries
- Working with Warehouse and Transport teams to ensure smooth and efficient movement of all shipments
- Customer Service - dealing with queries from customers, subcontractors and drivers and assist in their enquiries via phone and email, ensuring satisfactory and timely resolution
- Data entry with attention to detail
- Transport planning for same day collections
- Adding accruals
- Creating movements for subcontractors
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.
Proman recognises the value of a diverse workforce that reflects the multitude of different people in our society. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics including individuals with disabilities and those from BAME communities.