Circa £25-28,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4.15pm (11.30 Friday)
Your skills, experiences and attributes will include...
• Skilled and conversant in the use of conventional machine tools and hand
• Good all-round mechanical fitting skills and experience
• Conversant in reading and application of mechanical drawing requirements
• Knowledgeable in health & safety requirements within a shop-floor environment
• Effective problem solving
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications
• To be able to diagnose a mechanical fault
• Understanding manufacturing processes
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding health & safety practises
• Ability to learn quickly and work in a safe manner
• Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions and work standards
• Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact and cost of poor quality
You will be responsible for the repair, maintenance and improvement to all tooling dies, jigs, fixtures, fittings for press tools in line with manufacturing and customer requirements to support the business. Duties will include...
• To set up and operate a variety of conventional machine tools to produce precision parts.
• Machine parts to drawing and specifications using lathes, milling machines, grinders, drills and hand tools
• Repair and maintain tools
• Ensure that Company policy on Health and Safety is reflected in all actions
• Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
• Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality parts produced
• Support new project tooling from commissioning stages through to start of production
• Work within 5S methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
• Be actively involved in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives
• Ensure all personal protective equipment is identified, always available, correctly used and all associated problems are reported to management
• Study drawings, samples or engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations
• Quality of work, physical and written documentation
• Proactively seek ways to continually improve processes
• Undertake continuous training and development
Our client is a leading manufacturer in its field. They are seeking a Toolmaker / Mechanical Fitter to join their team.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply.