Up to £28,000 per annum depending upon Experience
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (Friday 4pm)
Your skills will include...
• Experience working in Shipping / Freight Forwarding is essential
• Import / Export knowledge would be beneficial
• Knowledge of sea / air freight would be advantageous
• Strong administrative skills are vital for this role.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Computer literate - Microsoft Excel would be advantageous
• Keen to grow and develop own skillset
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills
• Organised and self-motivated
To work within the Customs and International Trade section, working closely with other members of the team to support the day to day operational processes and procedures of the business.
The key areas of this role will be:
• To process inbound seafreight and airfreight shipments.
• To work closely with the operations team / supervisor to manage workload priorities and ensure that key issues are raised on a timely basis.
• To ensure key deadlines are met to facilitate customs entries and achieve delivery of shipments as required by customers.
• To work closely with specified Group businesses in all shipping matters to support them in any area where assistance can be provided.
• Understand how to find information on freight partners freight management system
• Download and print shipment documents from freight partners' freight management system.
• Understand and undertake freight calculations for customs entries.
• Process sea freight, airfreight and sea/air shipments within SAP project builder.
• Understand each element of shipment paperwork and the importance of each document
• Create customs entry item worksheets using shipment paperwork and brand range listings.
• Prepare customs entry information to be declared to HMRC using Netfreight customs entry software.
• Issue customs clearance instructions to freight partners and courier companies.
• Understand the classification process for assigning commodity codes to customer's products and take part in seasonal range reviews
• Have a full understanding of the documentary requirements specific to each customer required for HMRC purposes
Our client within the frieght industry is currently looking for a Shipping coordinator to join the business on a permanent basis.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.