Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Contract: 3-6 Month Contract
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
You will be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with the following skills, experiences and attributes...
- Ability to build and sustain productive working relationships Extensive working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor/Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Full UK driving license
- Proven experience of production of manufacturing drawings to BS 8888
- Application of engineering principles
- Must have a Mechanical Engineering qualification with a minimum of ONC/ HNC
- Ideally you will have experience in one of the following; Automation, Automotive manufacturing, Aerospace manufacturing, Mechanical/material handling, Conveyor systems, Machining processes, Fabrication processes, Sheet metal processes, Pneumatics or Hydraulics
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
As a mechanical design engineer, you will be expected to use engineering principles to provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products. Working either by yourself or as part of a larger project team you will work on all stages of product design from concept and development to detailed design and production of manufacturing drawings through to installation and final commissioning. This will involve liaising with customers, suppliers, colleagues and directors to obtain the relevant information to enable correct interpretation of a requirement and realise this as a viable mechanical design. Your main duties will include...
- Produce scheme drawings and layouts for evaluation against customer specifications
- Produce detailed mechanical manufacturing drawings
- Evaluate designs through power and stress calculations, and for cost effectiveness and ease of manufacture and maintenance
- Complete stress analysis (FEA), risk assessments (DRA), and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Always follow company procedures and specific instructions
- Ensure that work is completed within the hours and deadlines agreed with the Engineering Manager
- Highlight all constraints/issues that may impact on engineering deadlines and project timing plans
- Identify and immediately communicate any engineering constraints/issues to Engineering Manager & Project Manager
- Attend regular project and design reviews and provide accurate feedback on timings and completion of work to Engineering Manager and Project team
- Identify and highlight areas where additional support may be required to ensure timely and accurate completion of work
- Complete CCARs/NCRs on all occasions where timing plans/engineering hours are affected in line with Company procedures
- Provide engineering support in the development of schemes and specifications for sales quotations and bid returns
- Provide engineering support during manufacture and installation as required
- Complete site surveys at customer facilities and attend customer led meetings as required.
Our client is a leader in the Automation Industry. Due to continued expansion they are looking to recruit a number of Mechanical Design Engineers for a 3-6 month project however there will be contract extensions for outstanding candidates.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.