Job Title: Stores Operative
Salary: £22,245 to £25,500 DOE
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm
To assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Stores department. Controlling the issuing of parts whilst ensuring inventory level accuracy. Control the ordering and receiving of parts for the Operational site.
- Knowledge of the Motor Industry or similar sector
- Right first-time mentality, in the processing of orders for the workshop, bodyshop and technical areas
- Previous experience of leadership (Team Leader/Supervisor)
- PC Literate including MS Office
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills able to communicate at all levels.
- Positive attitude
- Team Player – able to work as part of a team or under their own initiative.
- Obtaining part numbers and pricing of parts for all activities, ensuring correct parts are booked on to internal tracking systems and ordered for vehicles.
- Tracking ordered parts and advising customer of potential delays to service.
- Receiving parts from suppliers verifying correct quantities sent and advising of shortages.
- Ensure all displaced items returned within set time frames.
- Correct and safe storage of parts until they are required.
- Release parts to correct area of Operation, as and when required.
- Ensure all parts taken by operatives are correctly booked out and all systems updated to confirm.
- Warranty return Items are correctly labelled and stored for return to manufacturer.
- Regularly assist with stock checks and arrange credits, when applicable.
- Completion of required reports within tight deadlines.
- All manual and electronic filling are kept up to date and in line with 5’s standards.
- Review and improve processes to develop efficiencies.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required from time to time by your line manager.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss