Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Salary: £28,000 to £36,000
- Must have strong working experience as a Quality Engineer or in the area of quality or engineering.
- Ideally possess a Technical high school or degree in Quality/Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical).
- Must have prior knowledge of blueprint reading and interpreting detailed drawings.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of ISO 9001 standard requirements and a good knowledge of statistical tools (SPC),
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong problem-solving approach is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, orientation in modern IT structures and processes.
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Quality Circles, Material Review Board (MRB) processes and failure reporting system (FRACAS).
- Separation, quarantine and administration of non-conforming material/products.
- Ensuring that inspection is defined for material/products where repeating non-conformance occurs.
- Ensuring that permit process is applied accordingly.
- Coordinate, support and contribute to the activities in 8D report process - creation, problem solution, C/A implementation, validation.
- Support and assist in developing, implementing and performing process audits.
- Lead process of Out of Box Audits (OOBA), ensures OOBA is completed and results recorded, analysed and findings resolved in cooperation with the process owner.
- Ensure that KPIs related to the area of responsibility (i.e. Failure rate (FTTFR), internal scrap, warranty, FRACASes, etc.) are processed and analysed to support reporting on each level per reporting schedule - i.e. daily operational reporting (SIM), weekly reporting, Monthly Pack, Site Quality Review (SQR), Product Quality Meeting (PQM).
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.
Proman recognises the value of a diverse workforce that reflects the multitude of different people in our society. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics including individuals with disabilities and those from BAME communities.