Job Title: Quality Controller
Salary : £10.86ph DOE
Monday to Friday 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
We are working alongside a UK Leading Company who are looking for a Quality Controller. The successful candidate will be working directly alongside the Quality Assurance and Technical Team and working closely with the operational team to ensure the standards relating to food safety, quality, legality, and integrity are adhered to at all times.
Active involvement in onsite audits where required as well as conducting internal quality audits.
The successful candidate: -
- Have an eye for detail and the determination and patience to complete jobs to a high standard
- Be an effective communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
- Have commitment to quality and customer care will be expected
- Be it literate with strong Microsoft skills.
- Be willing to work as part of a team
- Have a good attendance record
- Be able to keep calm under pressure, whilst being assertive and tenacious when dealing with issues
- Factory experience within the food industry
- Quality Control or similar previous experience
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the manufacturing processes are within the customer defined limits and comply with food safety and quality parameters set out in the specification.
- Checking of the production lines at a predetermined time to ensure instructions and paperwork are being completed correctly.
- Collecting samples for sending off for micro clearance
- Help to drive improvement and the ‘Right First Time’ ethos
- Handling internal non-conformance's and customer complaints, investigation issues to find root cause and implementing an improvement plan.
- Liaising with managers from other departments and staff throughout the business to ensure quality standards our maintained.
- Conducting GMP and glass audits.
- Working with the hygiene team to ensure equipment is clean to the required standard.
- Ensuring the effective running of the production line
- Covering additional QA duties outside task list to cover other tasks during periods of absence and/or illness)
- Any other project deemed fit by the QA Manager/QA Supervisor
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss