Job Title: QA Technician
Pay: £11.75 per hour £24,440 Annually
Job Purpose: QA technician has a responsibility to ensure that quality, safety and legality of the product are achieved to the highest standard. This is achieved through various on-line checks. Non-conforming product is brought to the attention of the QA Supervisor so that a suitable course of corrective action can be implemented.
- To ensure Product Micro samples are collected in accordance to the agreed sampling plan daily and ensuring the labelling & completing supporting documentation.
- To assist in carrying out daily taste panels when required ensuring the correct documentation is
- completed and any non-conforming product is brought to the attention of the QA Supervisor/Factory Technical Manager so a suitable course of corrective action can be agreed and implemented.
- To carry out routine metal detection checks as per procedure and completing the relevant process control documentation.
- To carry out routine gas analysis as per procedure, ensuring gas levels are within specification & flagging up any out of spec results to the line leader/QA Supervisor so a suitable course of action can be agreed.
- To carry out daily calibration checks to a set frequency for the on line check weighers to ensure they are operating correctly.
- To check the correct on line specifications are being used per line for the product being sliced.
- To carry out quality attribute assessments on finished product to the defined attributes and a specified frequency.
- To carry out daily chemical strengths checks and to report and failures to the engineer or QA Supervisor so corrective action can be implemented.
- To monitor the control of trim produced and packed. Trim monitoring follows the same process as the other premium products produced on line.
- To monitor, record and collate mean weight printouts, ensuring that mean weights are not below target.
- To continually monitor & implement good hygiene practice throughout the facility. Ensuring any recurring failures are flagged up to the QA Supervisor.
- To carry out knife control as per procedure, removing damaged knives & documenting on relevant
- To carry out the refilling of paper towels, soap, sanitiser, hairnets, beard snoods, disposables chemicals when stocks are running low.
- To carry out environmental manual temperature checks to the required schedule and to report and out of spec results to the QA Supervisor.• To assist in performing micro, hygiene, traceability, process control investigations as and when required.
- To place product on hold when necessary, completing necessary paperwork & following up any corrective actions.
- To raise non-conformances for out of specification product & issuing corrective action & following up.
- Gathering taste panel samples – to the set sampling schedule for start and end of life sampling.
- To monitor & police the control of allergens from intake to dispatch and to carry out allergen line swabs as requested
- To carry out any additional tasks as assigned by your manager(s). There may be occasions when overtime or weekend work may be required to meet the demands of the business.
- Level 2 H&S awareness.
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and trained as competent to safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting.
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills, being able to complete and produce clear and coherent
- paperwork required for production and technical standards/traceability
- Able to foresee changes in demands and act accordingly
- Communicates effectively to all departments/stakeholders on or off shift
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with team members and other departments/stakeholders
- Ensures the team are adequately trained and that personal and technical skills are developed
- Able to read and write in English
- Keen Eye for Detail
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss