Job Title: Project Production Engineer / Manager
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Salary: Competitive, 25 days Holiday, Pension Scheme
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30
We are currently recruiting for a Production Engineer for a well established and reputable Engineering company based in the Stockport area. The role is a great opportunity to join the company in a role that is seen as vital to the companies development.
To be considered for the role of Production Engineer, you will need the following:
- Hands on approach
- Flexible attitude
- Background in a fabrication / assembly environment
- Ideally, from a defence / military background.
- Strong information management and presentation skill set
- Have experience in a similar role within an industrial or technical environment e.g. Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
- Have a proven track record operating in complex organisations
- Ideally be educated to a Bachelor level or equivalent, in an Engineering discipline - eg or HND, or an Advanced/Higher Apprenticeship in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
The position of Production Engineer will consist of the following tasks and duties:
- Lead, develop and implement projects on a Project by Porject basis.
- Implement a customer focused, operational culture delivering world class customer service levels
- Coordinate cross functional team activities to optimise cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimising operating standards and minimising waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles
- Support and lead structured problem solving and process improvement activities
- Provide design for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacturability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets
- Support project management in cross functional activity required for project execution
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the Company's overall business objectives
Very well established and working within a recession proof industry, this company can offer genuine career opportunities and training opportunities.
Turnover of staff is low and the average length of service is above industry averages.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.