Job Title: R&D Design Engineer
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Salary: £Competitive, 25 Days Hol, Pension Sceme
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm
We are currently recruiting for a Research and Development / Design Engineer for a well established and reputable engineering company based in the Stockport area. The role is heavily focused on new production introduction / development.
To be considered for the role of R&D Design Engineer, you will need the following:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant degree subject or significant experience of engineering design with a HNC/HND
- Experience in a Heavy / Industrial Engineering environment and knowledge of Fabrication and Welding practices
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office and ideally SolidEdge, Microsoft Project and TeamCentre
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience of new product innovation techniques
- Experience of hydraulic design and the ability to read and interpret hydraulic schematics
- Good experience in medium to heavy engineering design
- Detailed knowledge of fabrication and machined component design
- Basic understanding of FEA and hand calculations
- At least 5 years experience in a mechanical engineering R&D role
- Ability to multi task on complex projects
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to enthusiastically lead and drive the completion of innovative engineering projects
- Ability to work independently and with others as part of a team
- 3D CAD skills
- Able to travel on business within the UK and abroad to visit suppliers and customers
The position of Research and Development / Design Engineer will consist of the following tasks and duties:
- Develop design solutions for new and innovative products and technology
- Lead, co-ordinate and deliver engineering work through project teams within the project brief and financial, quality and programme timescales
- Write test specifications and test procedures
- Plan and execute test programmes and test reports
- Write product specifications and complete project reviews
- Represent the Company in customer meetings, test and project reviews and other stakeholder meetings
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the Company's overall business objectives
This company is well established and operate in a largely recession proof industry.
They have excellent staff retention and length of service is above industry averages.
For the right candidate, they offer career opportunities and training and development.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.