Planning Team Leader
Planning Team Leader
You will be tasked to organise, coordinate and develop all site activities to reach company objectives in terms of sales, productivity and profitability without compromising quality or regularity standards.
- Team leadership and management ensuring you communicate effectively so performance targets are met, and Standard Operating Procedures are complied with.
- Complete daily and weekly route planning, considering customer requirements, driver availability and sub-contracting.
- Ensure drivers are complying with driver’s hours and the working time directive.
- Ensure all collections and deliveries are always monitored.
- Supervise and assist the checking off of PODs with the previous day’s daily run sheet and distribute to relevant department.
- Proactively seek new sales opportunities
- Maximise profits
- Performance managing of your staff, including taking action for underperformance.
- Required to make two annual appraisals on all your direct reports
- Must be capable of team leading, management and decision making.
- Perseverance, positive mentality and the ability to see difficult tasks through to completion.
- Experience of working in a faced paced environment.
- The ability to prioritize tasks to bring about an effective plan of action to deliver targets on agreed timescales.
- Competent with Microsoft Packages, Transport Planning systems and Routing and Scheduling systems.
- Fundamental understanding of Health and Safety.
- Annual subscription of up to £450 for any sports club or gym membership.
- Bupa healthcare
- Employee pension 2% enhanced contribution can go up to 7% or your salary.
- Life insurance
- Eye care with free tests every 2 years
- Cycle to work scheme saving up to 39% on all equipment.
- Holiday buying scheme of up to 3 days per year
- Birthday day off – separate to your holidays
- 3 days free holiday for moving house
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss