Nights Transport Planner
Circa £26,000 per annum
4 on 4 off
Temp to Perm
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes...
• Previous experience working in Logistics is vital
• Ideally you will have Planning experience within a Transport / Logistics environment.
• General haulage or 3PL experience preferred
• Working knowledge of driver hours regulations
• Good geographical knowledge of the UK
• Ability to take a creative approach to problem solving.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work under pressure and react quickly to customer requirements
Your duties will include...
• To cost effectively plan and dispatch routes to achieve contractual delivery times whilst managing live changes to the plan.
• Effective load planning of a fleet of artics.
• To ensure all administrative traffic duties are carried out as necessary and to a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
• To ensure that the procedure for damaged deliveries is followed where necessary
• Ensures that appropriate communication methods are used to provide information to both internal and external customers as required e.g. debrief of drivers, dealing with customer issues etc.
• To identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities
• To undertake any other reasonable task as required.
• To always display the highest standards of customer service.
My client is a well-established Logistics company with an opportunity to join their expanding team.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.