Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
4 on 4 off
My Client who is a leading manufacturer within their field is seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Maintenance Engineer Duties:
• Daily preventative maintenance activities, and routine safety inspections.
• Fault finding and diagnostics in reactive breakdown or planned situations.
• Planned preventative maintenance on a variety of production machinery to include conveyors, packaging machinery and Ancillary test equipment.
• Maintenance of Site services, Materials Handling systems, and Vacuum supply Equipment.
• Repairs and Installation to electrical apparatus inclusive of PLC's, HMI's, Motor Drives, Temperature Controllers, and heating circuits.
• Ensure all breakdowns are dealt with promptly and efficiently whilst ensuring that all PPM schedules are maintained.
• Support project development and continuous improvements objectives.
• Provide detailed reports for all work completed within the computerised maintenance management system.
• Following stringent HSE, and company standard practices.
• Fully engage within the operations team to provide proactive support to the plant and equipment, maximising production output.
• Electro-mechanical and PLC fault-finding
• Practice continuous improvement and pro-activeness for improved ways of working offering possible solutions to problems
Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
• Flexible, highly motivated and driven with the ability to prioritise own workload, possess strong intellect, good logical fault-finding analysis capabilities and who can demonstrate the ability to make decisions and empower people to drive actions forward. Results orientated, with ability to deliver results in a rapidly changing environment. Excellent attention to detail is a must
• Possess excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills, and be a confident Team Player
• Electrically competent with a strong mechanical awareness, inclusive of Hydraulic and pneumatic fault finding. Experience working with control panels - contactors, motors, starters, inverters and PLC systems. The ability to analyse control panels, wiring diagrams and carry out fault finding
• Experience of working in a production maintenance environment is essential for this role
• The Electrically biased maintenance Engineer ideally will have a time served apprenticeship (or equivalent) and hold a minimum of ONC in a related discipline (or equivalent)
• Extensive fault finding/diagnostic experience
• Proactive and dynamic approach to health, safety and environmental situations.
• Be ambitious, driven and tenacious with the hunger to succeed and deliver results
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss