Mechanical Development Support Engineer
Contract £31 p/h Umbrella
You will be tasked to build and test modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with the Product Commercialisation Process (PCP). You will also be verifying design solutions to meet the intent of design team and conform to the relevant design standards by experimentation, calculation and/or testing as appropriate. You will be accountable for the detailed documentation and recording of test data, ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner in accordance with TCF requirements.
- Build and test experimental and production ready sub-assemblies and build complete electro/mechanical systems in accordance to design specifications
- To develop and participate creating testing strategies within the project
- To support the introduction of new products onto the factory flow line
- To ensure engineering changes are concluded in accordance with the planned schedule
- Data Analysis – to analyse experimental data, summarise and document conclusions in report format
- A good mechanically biased engineering degree (or other relevant engineering qualification with 2 years industry experience)
- Electrical and pneumatic experience and ability to work on electro/mechanical systems safely.
- Experience in product development, manufacturing or technical service is an advantage
- This is a very practical an ‘hands on’ role requiring use of hand tools, power tools or complex test equipment
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
- Results Orientation - focus on delivering to project milestones and timescales
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Understand key technical deliverables and requirements and can report concisely to more senior engineers and the project manager
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss