Mechanical Development Engineer – ETO/MTO
40 hours per week
Proman is currently working with a leading manufacturer who is at the forefront of technology in its field to appoint a Mechanical Engineer for bespoke products for their customers.
Directly reporting to the Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for the execution of design solutions within a multi-disciplinary team. Ideally you will have 2 years post-graduate experience and looking to further develop your skills.
Your daily duties will include:
- Participation in HAZOP, DFMEA studies and risk analysis techniques
- To carry out/participate in and record risk assessments as required in the execution of a project
- To support the introduction of new products onto the factory flow line and where necessary on customers’ sites
- To ensure engineering changes are concluded in accordance with the planned schedule
- Participation in the testing of designs
- Perform engineering calculations and undertake simple FEAs in support of the design
- Design Engineering – to design and develop piece parts and less complex sub-assemblies of a product
- Data Analysis – to analyse experimental data, summarise and document conclusions in report format
- Design Reviews – to lead design reviews for the specific sub-assembly under design (specification, concept, model and critical) and participate in other design reviews where required
- Sample Approval – to support sample approval of new parts and assemblies
You will have experience in:
- A good mechanically biased engineering degree (or other relevant engineering qualification with 2 years industry experience)
- Experience in product development and introductions is an advantage
- Knowledge of design for manufacture and design for assembly
- Experience in the use of a range of engineering materials and with several manufacturing methods/techniques
- 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools)
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
- Results Orientation - focus on delivering to project milestones and timescales
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Understand key technical deliverables and requirements and can report concisely to more senior engineers and the project manager
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.