Job Title: Meat Inspector
Location: Sherburn In Elmet, West Yorkshire
Salary: £13.78 per hour
Hours: Thursday, Friday, Saturday – Sunday Off – Monday Tuesday Wednesday – week off
12 hour shifts 6AM – 6PM
- Must have strong working experience in inspecting/Quality of meat.
- Must have experience in Pork Butchery.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Carry out frequent product quality attribute checks in accordance with product specifications.
• Raise and deal with non-conformance reports as necessary.
• Attend production meetings on a daily basis and address all relevant issues at the meeting.
• Inspect all meat within all WIP areas on a daily basis.
• Monitor a critical control point (CCP) in line with the relevant FSP training.
• Control stock levels at all times, ensuring there is a stock for daily production.
• Ensure that all paperwork in the area is completed correctly and handed into the relevant personnel.
• To ensure equipment is maintained in a safe and hygienic manner throughout operation.
• Monitor personal and working hygiene practices within department to ensure a high level of standard is maintained.
• Ensure operatives under their control comply with health and safety policies e.g. wearing the correct PPE prior to commencement of task.
• To report any technical issues to the Technical Manager, who will relay to manufacturing supplier.
• Involvement in the risk assessment process, to reduce the risk of health and safety.
• Ensuring that all information relevant to “preventative and protective measures” is passed to your subordinates.
• Liaise with the Health and Safety Coordinator to establish controls for health and safety to include: Daily Start Up checks, Accident and Near Miss Investigations, Monitoring of corrective actions coordinate with other departments to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out for safety systems for machinery and equipment in your Area of responsibility.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.
Proman recognises the value of a diverse workforce that reflects the multitude of different people in our society. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics including individuals with disabilities and those from BAME communities.