Junior Management Accountant
£21,000 - £30,000 per annum
08:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated bookkeeper or similar who is experienced in purchase and sales ledger to join a business that will support your career growth. Your skills, experience and attributes will include...
• A recognised financial qualification or at least three years of experience.
• Previous experience in a similar role is essential
• Able to maintain accurate and effective record keeping systems.
• Can produce accurate records and reports
• Experience of SAGE ideal but not essential
• Shows sensitivity and objectivity in dealing with confidential issues
• Works on own initiative, prioritise work, handle pressure, and meet deadlines
• Willing to contribute to the team
• Flexible and efficient while demonstrating excellent attention to detail
• Reliable, punctual, professional
• Strong communication skills
• Competent in Excel and Word
You will be responsible for ensuring that all financial activities are carried out to the highest standard, in line with accounting policies set out by the company. Duties will include...
• Developing and managing Financial Systems and Policies.
• Carry out daily Ledger Accounting for both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• Produce weekly and monthly Financial and Management Accounting Reports
• Deal with daily financial queries internal and external, communicate, investigate and produce accurate information in a timely and efficient manner.
• Daily Bank Reconciliation.
• Purchase Ledger - Gather Suppliers’ invoices from each department, reconcile, authorise and ensure prompt payment of invoices.
• Sales Ledger – ensure internal procedures are followed.
• Monitor Expenditure on a monthly basis.
• Produce and Analyse Financial Statements, P&L and Luca Pack
• Produce Debtors and Creditors Reports and Analyse findings
• Produce Bank Reconciliation with General Ledger
• Closure of debtors Accounts -undertake Budget managements, Fees, and Expenses.
• Responsible for Petty Cash
• Vat Returns
• Credit controlling; chasing debts, ensure we keep in line with the cash forecast.
• Payroll – Ensure system is in working order, input into sage, keep wage records up to date. Input holidays and absenteeism into sage. Raise PAYE cheque.
• Working with external accountant’s for end of year audit
• Keeping all client information up to date and current
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply.