Opportunity: IT Support Apprenticeship – Higher
A position has arisen to join a growing Technical Support team of a successful recruitment business.
The role is to assist the IT manager in day to day operations and provide 1st line technical support to all staff, both internally and remotely. The team monitors and maintains IT and network operations across sites in the United Kingdom with 100+ employees; with plans for further expansion in and beyond 2020.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual looking to kick-start their career in the IT industry by completing a Degree Apprenticeship Level 4, 5 and 6. The successful applicant will require excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
You will also need a positive approach to new incidents, problems and be flexible and adaptable in providing to the business as required. Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team, to develop new technical efficiencies and solutions to the business is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR AN IT Support Apprenticeship:
- Provide 1st technical support for the company user base via telephone and ITSM tool.
- To work proactively to solve support incidents, monitor the progress of requests/calls from inception to resolution and ensure that end‐users are always informed of progress.
- Manage domain user accounts, security groups and physical network access.
- Build and configure staff IT computer equipment such as workstations and laptops, mobiles to predefined specifications and ensure adherence to task lists.
- Audit end user PC’s, patch management, software updates, new software requests.
- Work within the IT support team to ensure that the company IT Service Delivery meets and exceeds both our customer expectation as well as internal expectations and business needs.
- Take ownership of technical problems and escalate when necessary for a quick resolution.
- Maintain and update working documents such as asset/license registers, inventory documents and mobile phone lists.
- Help with desk moves & new office setup.
- Take delivery of support equipment and allocate/store accordingly.
KEY & BENEFICIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE FOR AN IT Support Apprenticeship:
- Ability to work independently and effectively, in a fast‐paced environment.
- Methodical and accurate approach with a proven ability to focus on detail.
- Self‐motivation with initiative and drive.
- Excellent telephone manner, clear and effective communication skills.
- Good team player and wants to learn.
- Some IT experience, hardware and software installation and fault finding.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN IT Support Apprenticeship:
- Ideally GCSEs and level 3 qualifications, such as A-levels, or their equivalents, such as a BTEC.
- IT related qualification for example IT A-levels or a Computer Science qualification.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply.