Human Resources /Health and Safety Manager
Monday-Friday (40 hours per week)
£26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Elland (West Yorkshire)
It is essential you will be an experienced HR and HS Manager who has a strong manufacturing background. You will also have the following skills, experiences and attributes.
• Ideally you will be CIPD qualified or equivalent
• Experience managing site health & safety (IOSH desirable)
• Computer literate, preferably in Sage HR
• Strong employee relations background
• HR management experience is a must either in a standalone or team based role
• MUST have generalist HR experience
• Experience of implementing processes and procedures
• Sound working knowledge of Human Resources practices, legal requirements etc.
• Thorough approach and attention to detail
• A questioning and enquiring approach
• A commercial and pragmatic mind-set
• An insight into and an understanding of people
• A persuasive, diplomatic and influencing manner
• A fully flexible approach to any project or business initiative
Human Resources/Health and Safety Manager
• Leading recruitment programmes and analysing results.
• Recruitment, including: preparing and posting job advertisements, vetting applications / candidates, arranging interviews.
• Liaising with recruitment agents as necessary.
• Making offers of employment and giving interview feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
• Taking, following up and checking employment references.
• Preparing and updating contracts for staff and contractors.
• Assisting with and documenting staff inductions, appraisals and exit plans.
• Maintaining personnel records, logging annual leave and sickness absence.
• Assisting with the administration of the Company Pension Scheme and auto-enrolment.
• Arranging and documenting training and professional development for all staff.
• Deal with grievances and implement disciplinary procedures.
• Undertaking health & safety audits
• Ensure projects are compliant with health and safety regulations
• Develop new processes and procedures to ensure site is compliant with health and safety guidelines.
Our client is a niche food production company with over 150 years within the industry. This long established company is a well-respected and family run team who maintain traditional methods of manufacturing.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.