Proman Recruitment is looking for Civils Operative's (groundworker/ streetwork), our client is one of the top telecom and power providers.You will be involved in road digs, box building, repairing damaged surfaces, reinstatement, laying ducting and pulling cables. You will be working on public roads as well as near business and customer premises.
Job Type / Category
- Assisting the civils team in laying ducting, building chambers as well as erecting street cabinets for power and telecoms.
- Assist in clearing blockages such as ducting with debris and or damage.
- Help to reinstate all footpaths and tarmacked surfaces after digs.
- Use equipment such as Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works
- Install new draw rope or cable as required
- Help the team with checking for risks and the location of underground services on site.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have prior experience of working in light civils and have industry recognized qualification in one or more of the following standard: CSCS,NRSWA(street work qualification).
- Minimum 1 year experience of working in a similar role within civils or construction, or utilities (telecoms, or gas or water etc)
- Experience of using equipment such as Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer
- Positive attitude to work and someone who enjoys working as part of a team.
Please apply online, or email your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org.