Job Title: Foundry Operative
Salary : DOE
Monday to Thursday – 7.30am-4.30pm and Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
We are recruiting for Foundry Operative to join our client a well-established manufacturing company who are based in the Burnley area.
The successful candidate
- Experience of working in a Foundry would be beneficial.
- It would be advantageous to have knowledge of Foundry processes e.g. casting shelling process, shell making parameters, and robotic shell manufacture.
- Worked with intricate injection mouldings
- A methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
- Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
- Good personal organisation under pressure from time, internal and external customers.
- Computer literate.
- Time management skills.
- Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to promote Fort Vale in a positive manner.
- Observe and practice the 5S principles.
- Manually handle weights up to 25kg.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Role and Responsibilities
- Operation of wax injection moulding machines.
- Setting of wax injection moulding machines.
- Inspection of wax components.
- Use standard operating procedures to repair components.
- Assembly of wax components onto runner systems using hot knives and micro-welder equipment, following individual part guidelines.
- Inspection of completed work to ensure best quality is achieved.
Shelling and mould production
- Loading and unloading of moulding robots.
- Maintaining optimum slurry/sander parameters to ensure best mould build.
- Preparing slurry batches to specific tolerances.
- Monitoring and highlighting deviations from optimum environmental parameters within the shelling area.
- Ability to measure liquid viscosity and weights.
- Working in a hot metal environment, melting and pouring liquid metal.
- Shell and moulding de-waxing and preparation.
- Ensuring melt traceability to comply with casting certification.
Post casting operations
- Use belt linishing machines to grind various castings to specified tolerances.
- Operating air hand grinding tools.
- Operating abrasive wheel semi-auto cut off saws.
- Operate equipment in other areas of the Foundry as and when required: including knockout machine, hydraulic press and wheelbrators for metal cleaning.
- Use metal washing machines and guillotines to complete tasks.
- Contribute to a team working environment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement.
- To share knowledge and/or best practice with other team members.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Inspection of completed work to ensure best quality is achieved using the ‘right first time’ approach.
- Use computers to extract data.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss