Food Production Operative
Heywood, Greater Manchester
4 out of 7 days 6am-6pm
Guarenteed 48 hours a week
£22,255 rising to £25,706 after training completion + Weekend and Shift Premiums
Weekend and Shift Premiums
- Saturday working: time and a half
- Sunday and Public holiday working: double time
- Night Shift: up to 3.25hrs of your basic pay per shift
- A free hot or cold meal per shift worked
- Free unlimited hot and cold drinks
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Allowance of bakery products for home consumption
- Life insurance cover
- Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period)
- Income Protection cover
- Free secure car parking
- Cycle to work scheme (after qualifying period)
About the role
PROMAN are recruiting for a well-established Client who are a leading international food production group supplying high quality bakery and grain-based products to leading quick-service restaurants and food retailers. We are looking for multiple bakery operatives to join the business on a permanent basis from Day 1.
Although the process is highly automated there are levels of manual handling you may be required to undertake.
Products are manufactured on site from raw material all the way through to packed, finished goods. You will contribute at some point of this process be it through weighing the ingredients, operating our plant and equipment (mixing, dividing, proofing, baking, packing) to dispatching finished products.
Health and food safety are our top priorities, closely followed by producing high quality baked goods.
- Carry out production activities to a consistently high-quality standard.
- Quality Conformance- ensure adherence to quality standard for all production during the shift, identify any issues / concerns that could be a risk to product integrity
- Adhere to Health & Safety at Work regulations and to the Safe Systems of Work in your own department and Bakery as required.
- Always work in a safe manner with Health and Safety at work regulations.
- Always keep work areas clean and tidy.
- Maintain all required paperwork to company standards.
- Compliance to audit requirements, company policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and adhere to the Company’s Hygiene policy and procedures.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss