Food Production Operative
We are looking to recruit experienced food production operative's to work for our client based in Whitefield.
The company itself are one of the leading producers of Pork and Beef across the world.
- Regular overtime offered, paid at time and a half or double time
- Staff shop, with high quality meat at heavily discounted prices
- 30 mins (paid) break in the morning, 45mins (unpaid) lunch break
- Early (15:30) finish on Friday
- Free car parking
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Promotion opportunities
- Company located close to Tram station
Please find below the duties involved in the role :
- Processing and packing Pork; salting and smoking.
- Order picking- single or bulk picks.
- Hygiene work- Unassemble machinery to clean and reassemble.
- Light butchery work- cutting and trimming pork and beef (Training provided + can lead to full time butcher role- £9.00-10.50 per hour once qualified).
Successful candidates are desired to :
- Have previous experience working with food or comfortable to do so.
- Be able to work as part of a team or on your own.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Willing to learn.
The hours of work for the role are either Monday to Thursday 7am-4.30pm and Friday 7am-3.30pm.
Please note a flexible approach is required as regular overtime is required. Overtime is available during the week but also Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Pay rates :
£9.06 per hours increase to £9.31 after 12 weeks.
Overtime being paid time and a half, overtime on Sunday being paid double time.
Please note this is a temporary position but can lead to a permanent role for the right candidate after the completion of 12 weeks. The positions available are long term and this is why the company invest a lot of training into you once you start.
If you think this is the job for you then please submit your CV or call on 01617499239.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss