Flexible Hours Sewing Machinist
Any hours from 07:00 – 22:00
To make sewn products that meet specifications and quality criteria, with particular emphasis on maintaining quality standards whilst working at the required efficiency rate and meeting targets and deadlines.
- Ability to use different types of industrial sewing machines to produce sewn products i.e. Lockstitch, over lockers, overstitch, twin needle.
- To organise and maintain an efficient workstation, ensuring sewing machine is in full working order and thread, components and tools are to hand.
- To produce sewn items that meet quality standards, targets and deadlines and aware of work techniques and methods used in sewing production i.e. seam types, stitch type, fabric handling and finish.
- Carry out routine machine maintenance i.e. Stitch tension, spool replacement, lubrication and identify and report machine problems that require a machine mechanic i.e., motor replacement, broken parts.
- Ability to read, interpret and work to instructions i.e. specifications, standard operating procedure.
- Experience of using industrial sewing machines and able to produce a high volume of finished products.
- Work as part of a sewing production team or individually demonstrating flexibility and adaptability
- Take ownership of work, recognising the value of the role within the organisation and the value of the role others perform
- Demonstrate a responsive, flexible approach to changing working environments and sewing production demands
- Develop and maintain effective communications with colleagues and sewing production staff to ensure a productive work environment i.e. supervisors, team leaders, fellow machinists, senior machinists.
- Commit to achieving and maintaining sewing production quality standards and efficiently rates.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss