Job Title: Finance Director
Location: Trafford Park, Manchester
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 – 4:30pm or 8:30am to 5:00pm
Reporting to: Managing Director (Corporate Resources)
Key Relationships: Managing Director (Corporate Resources)
Proman is the largest independently owned recruitment company in the world and in the UK we have doubled our size in the last 3 years. The group have a turnover of circa 4 billion Euros and in the UK we are circa 120 million pounds. We pride ourselves on our values of being People Focussed, Ethical, Winning Mindset, Credible and Consistent. With over 160 permanent employees in the UK and a temporary workforce in the region of 5,000 we can offer a fast paced and dynamic environment.
You must be a highly experienced Finance Director ideally from the private sector. You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes…
- Fully qualified accountant with ACA/ACCA/CIMA /CIPFA (with private sector experience).
- Experience of leading the production of Statutory Accounts.
- Experience of implementing a strong control framework.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of managing/overseeing a large weekly payroll
- Experience of scoping, commissioning, documenting, and implementing new financial systems.
- Robust people management skills with the ability to hold others to account effectively and assertively.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to produce rolling cash-flow forecasts and integrated forecasts and budgets (P&L balance sheet and cashflow)
- Problem solving: having the capacity to analyse problems in a logical and structured way using available information, generating innovative solutions and adapting approaches to problem-solving to achieve positive outcomes.
- Strong, resilient personality, capable of challenging decision makers.
- Adept at presenting complex ideas and solutions to a non-financial audience.
- Have proven ability to operate and think laterally at operational and strategic levels, with good analytical skills.
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Managing Director (Corporate Resources) the Finance Directorwill manage the day to day running of the financeand payroll teams, taking full responsibility for the management and leadership of the accounting, payroll and other financial functions to deliver high quality management and statutory reporting, forecasts and budgets, focussing on accuracy, quality and timeliness. In addition to provide robust financial reporting and financial controls to support the business’s ability to adapt to market changes and to drive financial performance. Your main duties will include…
- Leading, developing, and supporting a finance team including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and management accounting ensuring they are supervised and developed (with the Head of Finance) to deliver excellent financial services to the business. (1 direct report, 15 in total).
- Deliver operational excellence across financial reporting, driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and comparison against budget and forecast.
- Developing Financial management reports to ELT and Board on comparison against budget and forecast and to include report on like for like with previous year to track performance.
- Manage the statutory compliance reporting effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures Policies and Procedures and Controls are in place across the department sufficient to eliminate the risk of error and/or fraud.
- Ensures that policies and processes are sufficient to ensure strong controls around monthly accounting and reporting.
- Ensure that weekly payroll for 5000+ temporary workers is paid and that all Wage, pension and PAYE/NI control accounts are reconciled.
- Production of year-end tax pack and draft computation
- Review and maintain adherence to accounting standards (FRS and UK GAAP).
- Maintenance of the year-end tax journals and the tax control accounts.
- Manage quarterly VAT returns and CIS returns.
- Responsible for ensuring that pension schemes are administered and processed accurately including maintaining records of pension contributions.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensuring that the system of recording, invoicing, and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner.
- Accounts Payable – Participate of creditor process to include monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices to sign off on creditor reconciliations at month end.
- Maintain sales and gross margin analysis and reporting.
- Liaise with group heads of finance in France in relation to accounting and financial approvals.
- Manage working capital including cash, debtors and creditors.
- Ensure situations and issues that may indicate or lead to system, business or profit risk are identified and resolved.
- Management and control of the year-end audit process and main day-to-day interface with external auditors, Manage production of audit packs for group.
- Build meaningful relationships with banks, auditors and insurers.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss