£22,000 p.a (£11.43 p/h)
37 hours per week
Monday – Friday
You must be available for an Immediate Start
Proman is currently working with a leading organisation in Wakefield to join their growing Accounts team as a Credit Controller. You will initially be speaking to customers to gain information in relation to payments. Once comfortable, you will progress into a sole Credit Controller position handling key accounts within the business.
Main responsibilities of the Credit Controller role are:
- To pursue overdue debt / accounts in order to maximise cash recovery from customers in accordance with the Collection policy and procedures to ensure the working capital of the business is effectively and efficiently maintained
- To work as part of a team with a focus to improve and enhance the external customer experience when dealing with the business ensuring the debt collection activity is carried out professionally and timeously whilst meeting to overall objective of collection outstanding debt.
- To investigate and resolve the external customers’ reticence to pay or to provide supporting information for the escalation of the outstanding debt to the operations Manager (Finance) so the matter can be addressed by the business at a higher level
- To work across the business internally when resolving issues raised by the customer and to ensure the external customer is kept up to date in respect of outstanding queries
- To monitor, review and pursue overdue debts in order to ensure recovery in line with company policies and procedures using both proactive and reactive means to minimise bad debts.
- To phone customers and communicate with customers to resolve unpaid sales invoices
- To receive, investigate and resolve Customer queries to enable prompt payments and provide customer satisfaction.
- To produce customer statements ensuring customers receive accurate account information.
- To provide cover for the principal duties of the team and to ensure that all daily tasks are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- To assist with the posting and allocation of all customer payments (when workloads require) in order to maximize cash flow and also ensure customer balances are up to date.
- You will be expected to work as a team player and comfortable project managing, taking the lead on specific initiatives and communicating internally across multiple levels and externally to customers and their buying teams.
- This role will involve phone work so being confident to make calls is essential
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss