Facilities Maintenance Electrician
Hours- 07:30 – 16:00 Monday – Thursday
07:30 – 12:30 Friday
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
The purpose of the Facilities Maintenance Electrician is to maintain the GTC facilities comprising of offices, meeting rooms, laboratories, and communal areas. The candidate needs to maintain the plant and ancillary equipment in line with operational goals and support key repairs and maintenance activities within the facility.
The Maintenance Electrician should ensure that all maintenance activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for Health and Safety, legislation, and environmental policies.
The role is jointly responsible for the day-to-day management of all planned and reactive maintenance assigned to them, this can be accomplished through a mixture of internal resource and external suppliers on a priority basis with the agreement of the Facilities Manager.
Facilities Maintenance Electrician will manage their own workload and record all activities using the CMMS system (Planet FM).
It is expected that the candidate holds a Level 3 diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures).
- Planned and reactive maintenance of facility equipment including compressors and other ancillary equipment.
- Monitor, manage and prioritise own workload with the support of the Facilities manager to meet facility and plant uptime objectives.
- Specification and selection of compatible spare parts.
- Support departmental activities within budget and timescales.
- Manage and record own maintenance activities using CMMS system.
What we expect from the Facilities Maintenance Electrician:
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- C&G Electrical inspection and testing
- 2 years post apprenticeship experience maintaining Infrastructure equipment within a Facilities environment.
- Qualification to minimum BS7671 electrical regulations
- Working knowledge & experience of Health & Safety.
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word. Computerised maintenance management systems (Planet-FM)
- Office change management – desk changes, room conversations, AV support functions.
PROMAN act as an employment agency for permanent staff and employment business for temporary workers.
We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss