Hybrid role: Office & Work from home
Proman is supporting the appointment of a Estimator who will be responsible for quoting for equipment manufactured by our client.
The Estimator is responsible for the timely preparation of commercial and technical proposals from receipt of RFQ until final presentation to the customer
- Preparation of Technical and Commercial proposals in line with Client & Company Requirements
- Review of customers enquiry
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that client’s requirements can be met
- Produce cost / revenue budget for each project based on standard spreadsheets
- Liaise with Technical department to ensure that specifications are achievable
- Liaise with Contracts department and Business Leaders to ensure that Contract Terms & Conditions are in line with the Proposal
- Contribution to weekly bid review meetings
- Follow-up of target projects together with local representation
- Providing input to improve internal procedures
- To comply with PIH Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, policies and objectives
- Estimating experience preferably within the engineering / construction / service environment.
- Experience in preparing commercial and technical proposals in Microsoft ‘Excel’ & MS ‘Word’
- Relevant Degree i.e. Quantity Surveying/ Engineering
- Previous experience of preparing cost/revenue budgets
- Previous Commercial experience &/or exposure to Negotiating & Marketing functions would be of an advantage
- Customer facing experience
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss