Engineering Manager / Engineering Project Manager- New Product Introduction
Engineering Manager / Engineering Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Experience developing product development processes and able to make recommendations for improvement.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English. Ability to make decisions based on a knowledge of the business and an understanding of the business impact. Must be able to inspire and motivate the team and demonstrate strong influencing skills.
- Significant experience working in a global engineering environment and working with international teams to deliver electronics and product solutions.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary design environment.
- Ability to set the environment to encourage a thriving and productive atmosphere.
- Significant experience working in a regulated, compliance-driven industry. Strong understanding on product safety and compliance.
- Experience in a project management role using both Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) frameworks.
- Cross-functional team management experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- CEng, Chartered Engineer, would be preferred.
Engineering Manager Main Responsibilities:
- Work with the team to deliver safe, right first-time NPI solutions to agreed project timescales, project costs and final product costs. Champion the voice of the customer within the team and beyond.
- Strengthen the NPI Team demonstrating strong leadership to ensure effective recruitment and selection, objective setting, and development for a multi-skilled engineering team.
- Identify the future talent pipeline including succession planning. Manage by coaching, mentoring and developing the team to solve ever more ambitious challenges.
- Drive innovation and identify threats and maintain awareness of competitor and wider industry solutions.
- Ensure that the team has a clear production testing strategy for NPI introduction and develop further strategies to enable quick response times to issues discovered on the production line or in the field.
- Ensure that the NPI cost-centre budget and headcount are appropriately managed, with agreed forecasts and spend that is monitored and reported against target. Ensure the appropriate level of technical governance is in place both in terms of safety, design quality and long-term reliability.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss