Electronics Component Buyer
Salary £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
40 Hour Week
The position has been created due to significant business growth. The candidate will work within the existing Purchasing Team.
· Educated to A level as a minimum
· 2 years' experience in an Electronics purchasing role, with a minimum of 5 years' experience within an Electronics Manufacturing environment. Working knowledge of the Electronics distribution market.
· Good working knowledge of ERP systems specifically SAP would be an advantage. Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and word). Ability to demonstrate high levels of cost analysis.
· Good presentation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to communicate and influence suppliers and engineers. Some travel within UK and Europe should be expected.
· Strengthen the Electronics sourcing team to two full time permanent buyers, to allow focus on long term stability for supply, supporting business growth. Support obsolescence and alternative component selection.
· Ensure Departmental goals are met for Quality, Cost and Delivery.
· Develop a strong stable supplier base for electronic components, taking pro-active steps to ensure multiple sources of supply where required and monitoring the electronics component supply market.
· Support NPI projects and ensuring new designs have multiple manufacturers approved, checking lifecycle and component lead times.
· Support engineering change requests to ensure latest designs are implemented without delay.
· The role will include regular monitoring of material demand fluctuation and supplier lead times to minimise impact on the manufacturing cells and customer service levels.
· The role will include daily review of production shortages and overdue purchase orders
· The MRP Purchase order report will be reviewed regularly and orders placed as required.
· Supplier delivery performance will be reviewed each Month and review meetings organised for those suppliers falling below agreed KPI's.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.