Monday – Friday
PURPOSE OF POSITION
• Ensuring correct customs paperwork is completed in timely fashion with relevant internal departments, external contractors, and governing bodies.
• Ensure the process, control and customs compliance risk is managed.
• Stock control related to the Supply Chain customs process
• A logistics colleague with focused, end-to-end customs experience.
• A knowledge of shipping/freight forwarding industry
• Can demonstrate an understanding of key principles for the role e.g., import/export procedures
• Ability to multi-task under pressure and have excellent attention to detail
• Enthusiastic, diligent, and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment
• Organised, reliable, and focused
• Responsible for ensuring that the flow of goods into, out of and within the UK are not interrupted
• Implement close controls around customs clearance procedures to ensure timely clearances at ports/land borders
• Liaise closely with the supply chain teams on the timely receipt of goods
• Liaise closely with the Clearing Customs Agents to ensure paperwork is ‘live’ and accurate
• Maintain a detailed log of all shipments and costings which can be shared with commercial and operational teams
• Provide close attention to detail in checking import/export documentation
• Keep track of invoices and ensure timely settlement
• Administrative duties relating to Speciality Stock controls and customs documents
• Any Stock control duties as relating to the smooth ordering and shipment of Goods
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss