Customer Account Manager - Autmotive
Monday – Friday
Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30
Friday 08:00 – 13:00
Proman is partnering with an Automotive Supplier based in Cannock to appoint an experienced Customer Account Manager, where you will be an integral part of the Supply Chain team. The business is going through an exciting period of change and process transformation, and they are looking for individuals who will champion the process improvement to achieve the company vision.
The purpose of the role will be to manage an assigned group or customers and have direct responsibility for the maintenance and update of all customer supply chain data and departmental customer accounts.
Customer Account Manager
You will be an excellent communicator with strong IT skills, with a particular focus on MS Excel. Experience within the Automotive industry would be ideal for this role and, experience of supporting sales processes is essential.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out contract review in line with defined policies and procedures, communicating and challenging any front-end changes that may impact production, supply, inventory and sales.
- All customer pricing to reflect latest pricing lists, MOQ’s and lead times. Aged product to be referred to sales for requote as per company policy. To be aware of the importance of strategic customers and balance out the need for premium charges verses appropriateness of enforcing charges.
- To respond to customer calls, emails and or correspondence in line with defined policies or customer expectation. Where deadlines cannot be adhered to, verbal communication of delays to be followed by written agreement.
- To take ownership to complete questionnaires and or respond to customer alerts.
- Drive customer On Time Delivery in Full (OTIF) to the agreed target. Utilise the escalation process to address on-going / repeat concerns.
- Be supportive of the day-to-day management of nominated customer accounts and work with the Operations teams to resolve any urgent customer issues
- Introduce ongoing measures of customer satisfaction by setting jointly agreed performance improvement targets internally and within the supply chain.
- Establish weekly, monthly & quarterly reviews with key customer using standardised reporting mechanisms and procedures to drive performance improvement, including regular visits to customer sites as and when required.
- Negotiate freight costs to support unplanned customer demand.
- Manage inventory levels through use of the runner / repeater / stranger principles.
- To conduct regular business reviews with customers, using this process to set and monitor performance improvements and development plans for individual work streams, providing regular feedback both formally and informally.
- Ensure all deadlines for the assigned group of customers are adhered to through the use of planning tools as well as appropriate methods of communication, timeframes and milestones for monitoring purposes.
- To produce and distribute strategic KPI Performance Measures that align to customer issued reports.
- Quality driven and raises standards where necessary to meet new requirements from customers, suppliers, legislation; and communicates them appropriately within Purchasing procedures.
- To develop annual performance improvement plans related to your assigned customer or projects or for strategic / key customers, working in conjunction where necessary with quality, engineering, or customers.
Customer Account Manager
Key job requirements:
- Good PC skills including experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of ERP Systems & Process desirable
- Minimum of 5 Years previous experience of working in a sales environment is essential
- Previous experience of sales procedures and process is essential
- Experience of development and implementation of EDI material schedules
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing process and procedures desirable.
- Proven track record on customer management including costs/lead-times & delivery terms
- Good Negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to effectively influence key stakeholders
- Experience in framework agreements and robust understanding or Terms and Conditions.
Customer Account Manager
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss