Job Title: Counterbalance Driver
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Salary: £20,000 plus shift allowance and bonus OTE £25,000, excellent corporate package and company car
Hours: 6-2 / 2-10 / 10-6 Weekly Rotation
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes...
• Counterbalance License
• Previous experience working in a fast moving warehouse / distribution centre.
• Any experience working in an automotive environment would be highly beneficial.
• Good communication skills
• Use of handheld scanners would be ideal.
Responsible for operating safely technical equipment (FLT & Tow Truck) to unload, load, move and stock merchandise, whilst optimizing loading for efficient logistics. Duties will include...
• Uses Forklift trucks and other handling trucks to unload, load goods, stock and completes the sequencing of parts in a specific order to high quality standards. This may involve operating MHE externally using trucks to transport goods in a safe and timely manner to trackside
• Adapts handling technique according to type of goods handled and clients requirements
• Performs repetitious physical movements in a controlled, rapid and precise manner and aligned to H+S
• Performs necessary H&S checks on MHE and reports defects as necessary
• Executes operations within required timeframes and without having a negative impact on quality
• Records the movements inbound / outbound of goods using either hand held scanning devices or manual process
• To ensure that the inspection of goods is correctly managed and accounted for by proper use of manifests and tracking documents.
• Detects problems by checking documents or lists (damaged, incomplete, surplus or lost orders)
Our client is a global logistics business which is one of the top 10 largest companies within its sector. Due to a new contract win we are recruiting for a new start-up operation. This role offers the chance to initially be involved in an exciting project but also the chance for career progression and development.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.