Job Title Chemical Process Engineer
Hours 8am – 4:30pm (37.5 hours)
Due to an increase work volume our client, a top top-tier COMAH installation site, are looking for an experienced Chemical Process Engineer to assist with project development on-site. Candidates with the below skills and experience will be considered:
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience; ideally in the Oil and Gas, Chemical Manufacturing or Energy Sector.
- Must have experience of Project Development and Concept Development.
- Experience with CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) projects.
- Been involved with developing solutions and implementing projects that are pertinent to the business needs.
- To have HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Study) knowledge.
- Ability to balance various projects at once.
- Ideally have a Chartered Engineering Certification.
- COMAH site Health and Safety awareness.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering projects that improve process performance. Duties will include:
- Aid in developing solutions and implementing projects that are pertinent to the business needs in line with Project Execution procedures.
- Largely be involved with minor betterments opposed to large scale projects.
- Work on concept development, capital investment projects and energy efficiency improvements.
- Act as one of the Chemical Engineering experts within the Process Improvement Team and Project teams.
- Advise various departments including the Research Department, other Engineers, Customers and Consultants.
- Work with the HAZOP team for re-validations and modifications.
- Assessing suitability and rating of existing process equipment for new reactions and services.
Chemical Engineer, Process Engineer, Chemical Process Engineer, HAZOP, Project Development, Concept Development, EPC, CAPEX, Capital Expenditure.
Our client is a top-tier COMAH installation producing 30,000 tonnes of specialty chemicals each year on their Refinery. While this is initially a contracted role, should the work load continue to maintain its volume there is a possibility for it going permanent.