Job Title: CNC Turner
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Salary: £24000 to £26000 33 Days Holiday, Pension, On Site Parking, Wellness Programm
Hours: Day shift / Night Shift
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Turner for a Stockport based Engineering company.
To be considered for the role of CNC Turner, you will need the following:
- Experience with setting and operating CNC lathes.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings and tolerances.
- Be able to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of H&S requirements and fundamentals of HR within the workplace
- Familiar with Aerospace requirements in relation to CNC turner's role.
- Understanding and maintaining 5S
The position of CNC Turner will consist of the following tasks and duties:
- Safely setting and operating a range of machine tools and ancillary equipment necessary to carry out the machine skills of CNC machining, turning, tapping, boring and grinding.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Using measuring instruments in metric units and/or imperial units necessary for the production of work pieces to the standards outlined by engineering drawings.
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation, material to be cut and surface texture requirements.
- Routine care and cleaning of machines and ancillary equipment.
- Recognising machining and material defects, appreciating causes, applying remedies and preventative action.
- All work should be inspected for surface finish, dimensional accuracy and checked for the overall quality of the finished component.
- To work in a safe and productive manner as outlined in the company safety policy. Particular attention to safety should be paid to operating machine tool equipment.
- To maintain a clean and tidy place of work. Particular attention to the storage of chemical and other dangerous substances. Undertaking machine coolant change as and when required.
Based in Stockport this company are well known for high staff retention and offering training and development.
They have been established for over 30 years and supply a stable industry sector
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.