Days: Mon-Thurs 07:30 – 16:15 Fri 07:30 – 12:30
Twilight: Mon-Thurs 16:00 – 00:00 Fri 12:00 – 18:00
Nights: Mon-Thurs 22:00 – 07:30
Salary: Day £12.06, Twilight £17.21, Night £16.59
You will be expected to achieve high standards of quality, in line with targeted levels of output whilst working safely and maintaining full product traceability. You will be working as part of a team and you are expected to contribute to improving any working processes.
• Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine.
• Carry out machining of components.
• To measure components produced on machines and use inspection equipment to ensure that components are manufactured to drawing dimensions and tolerances.
• Read, interpret and work from engineering drawings.
• Contribute in a team working environment.
• Contribute to continuous improvement.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Manually handle weights up to 25kg.
• Complete quality documentation.
• Use computer equipment for data purposes.
• Work to lean theory.
• Observe and practice the 5S principles.
• Experience of working with stainless steels and machine programming using Fanuc/Okuma/Mazak CNC controls.
• Be proficient at set up, operation and adjustment of tool and fixture offsets on CNC machine tools as well as conventional milling machines would be preferred.
• Experience of working to tight tolerances.
• Prior knowledge and experience of machining stainless steels in a variety of forms including billet, castings and pressings would be advantageous.
•Time served engineer (or have an equivalent qualification).
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss