Up to £27,000 DOE (plus shift allowance)
0600 – 1400 / 1400 – 2200 Rotating
Proman is currently supporting the appointment of a CNC Setter for a specialist Manufacturer based in the Blackburn area.
The main purpose of this role is always to ensure, the availability of machinery for Semi-Skilled Machine Operators.
The successful CNC Setter will have the following skills and experience:
- Time Served Engineer with minimum 2 years’ experience programming and setting CNC machines
- Recognise the programming requirements of complex drawings and translating these into machine programmes
- Apply skills and job knowledge to ensure production schedules are met
- Plays a key role in the development and improvement of working and Quality procedures to satisfy Customer and ISO demands
Principle Responsibilities will include:
- Setting up all the machinery used by Semi-Skilled Machine Operators and checking all the first offs for quality
- Ensuring as required that machines are set up in a timely fashion to ensure production is able to commence at start of 6am shift on an as and when required basis
- Manufactures components on a wide variety of machines, including lathes, milling machines, polishers, presses, drilling machines and finishing machines
- Using micrometers, gauges and measuring equipment in setting up machines and in the course of the manufacturing process
- Carries out visual inspection checks as directed by the Senior Quality Engineer to the standards required by ISO9002
- Complies with safety procedures, ensuring usage of safety equipment at all times and maintaining good housekeeping standards within the work area
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.