CNC Programmer/Manual Machinist
£13.50 per hour
My Client who is a leading manufacturer within their field is seeking an experienced CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator with manual milling and turning skills to join their team. You will be an integral part of the manufacturing team, with front line responsibility for quality, cost, and delivery.
CNC Programmer/Manual Machinist:-
As a CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator, you will have responsibility for production of parts from cradle to grave. This will sometimes be setting for others, or indeed running the jobs yourself. This could include use of CNC turning and milling machines, or manual lathes. Ideally having a wealth of experience with a wide range of materials and parts.
Some of the key responsibilities will be:-
- · Programme, Set, and Operate CNC machines (Turning and Milling), prove out new programs, inspect first off, when required perform back up check on colleague set ups.
- · Manufacture products using conventional turning and milling machines when required.
- · Willing to run one off’s, or large batch production runs.
- · Capable of inspecting work produced during operations using measuring equipment to engineering drawings and reporting any quality defects to supervision
- · Be part of the team responsible for all aspects of manufacturing and quality in the dept.
- · Willingness to learn at all times and help develop new methods, procedures, tooling etc.
- · Take part in all dept activities, including any Lean/CI initiatives.
Essential qualities include:-
- Practical, hands on experience setting and operating CNC lathes; CNC Milling machines, using FANUC and Siemens control systems, as well as manual lathes and conventional millers.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, and apply correct choice of measuring equipment.
- Able to work as a team member, or on your own with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills
- · Needs to be flexible and able to cope with changing priorities.
- · Excellent punctuality and attendance.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.