Job Title: Buyer
Salary: £32,000 to £35,000
Hours : Monday to Friday
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a Buyer into their Supply Chain Team. This is an exciting time to join the business and there is the potential to make a real impact within this well-respected company.
· An experienced buyer with extensive knowledge of purchasing preferably in a Furniture / kitchen / construction background environment.
· Highly motivated individual that understands and works towards company objectives.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively across all areas and levels of the business.
· Excellent time management and organisational skills.
· Able to work to strict deadlines and work under pressure.
· IT skills required MRP Experience (Good proficiency with Excel).
· Able to demonstrate continuous improvement through purchasing processes.
· Proven history of successful supplier negotiation.
· Supplier Rationalisation
· Maintaining / Developing Supplier Relationships
· Identifying New Suppliers Within the Marketplace
· Working Toward Cost Saving Objectives by Active Negotiation with Suppliers
· Supply chain risk mitigation through stock holding/supply agreements, contracts and duel sourcing arrangements
· Pricing availability for customer quotations
· Maintaining key procurement & supply chain parameters & raising purchase orders utilising a ERP system.
· Point of escalation for supplier related issues
· Managing the purchase and supply of all procured goods and services.
· Analysing internal Purchasing processes and improving where necessary to ensure continuous improvement in department performance.
· Negotiating improved supplier terms, as necessary.
· Negotiating improved pricing and service levels with all vendors and suppliers.
· Reporting of movements in price and terms to higher management as required.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss