Job Title: Bakery Team Leader
Location: Burnley, Lancashire
Salary: £28412 to £28412
Hours: 7am – 3:30pm / 9am – 5:30pm
Bakery Team Leader
⦁ Previous experience as a Line Leader or Production Supervisor with FMCG
• Experience working with HACCP
⦁ Competent in the use of a P.C. and operating programs e.g. PLDC, PLQA and Fourth Shift.
⦁ Must have excellent communication skills
⦁ Be able to prioritise workloads and ensure clean working area in accordance with GMP
Bakery Team Leader
• Ensuring adherence to your daily production plan for your area – checking correct product is being manufactured/packed and correct packaging is being use for customers’ orders.
• Optimise resources within your area, moving staff around where needed to ensure best use of staff, skills and machines are used, utilising both to be as efficient as possible within your remit. Work and liaise with other team leaders and supervisor to ensure this is being managed through all areas in the factory.
• Ensure accurate completion of all paperwork from your staff
• Ensure all your paperwork and OEE is accurate and correct and filled out daily
• Identify any problems with product, quality, processes, staff, equipment or machinery that may have an impact on production, efficiencies, end product quality or staff wellbeing, action or seek advice/ help with you peers.
• Record downtime and any issue that arise daily, these to be highlighted to supervisor or production managers
• Ensure Health & Safety guidelines are followed - take necessary action to reduce accidents, near misses and potential hazards. Ensure all machines have the relevant safety guards on and if known to have a safety issue do not use.
• Liaise with engineers on machine faults or break downs, plant performance.
• Identify any weak areas within your area – lack of equipment, machinery, staff, skills- bring this to the attention of your manager.
• Strive to overcome any difficulties within the team or with individuals.
• Communicate to your staff- ensuring that the company smart targets are communicated and we strive to achieve them on the required basis.
• Keeping your team motivated and focused on Company vision and goals- Constantly striving to promote and achieve the company targets and goals
• Work with managers to implement changes, company procedures and policies. Liaise with all departments on best practise, ideas, issues and suggestions.
• Ensure all staff are adhering to the company hygiene policy and procedure.
• Ensure all staff abides to food safety procedures.
• Ensure all staff are following clean as you go policy
• Ensure you staff are doing their job correctly and to best of their ability. Identify any training requirements that are needed for you staff.
• Facilitate you lines and areas ensuring that lines are kept running
• To ensure that segregation is maintained at all times to avoid cross contamination
• Highlight any issues you have with your staff over their work performance, attitudes or if they are having any difficulties personally or work related -address with production manager/ operations manager.
• Strive to produce the good quality product at all times and in line with customer requirements and company specifications.
• Compliance to GMP, QMS, 5’S, and general housekeeping practises
• Orchestrate Teamwork amongst your staff
• Beware of requirement of both individuals and the whole team
• Staff issues and Disciplines where necessary
• Ensuring staff are trained to do allocated jobs, train where necessary.
• HACCP – Critical Control Points are adhered too, any failures are action correctly and all HACCP and food safety procedures followed and adhered too.
• To carry out other reasonable requests from your managers.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss