Our client offers the broadest selection of fabric-based conveyor belts, plastic modular belts and power transmission belts available in the industry. Combined with a comprehensive service centre network our client offers an unrivalled solution to various belting needs.
Formed in 1946 our client is the global leader in belting and remains a family-owned corporation, based in Switzerland, which has over 3,300 employees worldwide.
As part of such a successful international organisation, we're able to attract the best people worldwide, capable of producing innovative solutions to meet the needs of potential clients.
Job Type: Temporary leading to permanent for the right candidate
Job Title: Assembly Operative
Hours: (Days) 07:30 – 16:00 – (After the training period you will move on to rotating shifts as below)
07:00 – 15:15/11:15 – 19:30
Pay rate: £8.71 to £10.72 per hour
Reports to: Fabrication/Operations manager
Our client is looking for a candidate with a proven track record of working in a manufacturing environment and has the knowledge of various different machine operations, along with the use of hand tools and understanding of reading from technical drawings.
- Prepare and cut belts to customer specifications within a production environment.
- To work as a member of the fabrication team, consistently providing high quality products on time, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction both internal and external.
- Maintain the workplace and all stock in an orderly and safe manner, giving full consideration to Health & Safety/COSHH legislation.
- Preparation and joining of conveyor/drive and transfer belts in line with quality requirements and standards identified during initial training and specified in technical manuals.
- Ensure all relevant quality records are completed, with sign off where required within the production area.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain to the highest standard all equipment and tools.
- Carry out any reasonable request from your supervisor/Manager.
- Prioritising own production workload.
- Where required moving from machine to machine to help with customer requirements.
- Identifying potential safety hazards and responding accordingly.
- Working within a production environment.
- Knowledge of CNC operation
- Machine feeding
- Use of small hand tools such as: Tape meausres, Screw drivers, Saws.
- Able to read from basic technical drawings
- Assembly operation
Knowledge skills & Attributes:
- Must be able to work under own supervision.
- Must be proactive and look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Normal hours of work are a total of 39 hours per week.
- Standard working hours will be determined by the shift pattern worked.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be detailed and methodical in approach to tasks.
- Assist with training of less experienced colleagues and customers if required.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Have good understanding of how conveyor belts operate.
- Knowledge of conveyor belt systems
- Must be enthusiastic team player.
- Physically fit and able.
- Ability to use hand tools such as small knives, screw drivers, tape measures.
- Previous experience working on CNC machines is beneficial.
- Assembly experience
To apply for this role in the first instance please apply on the advert directly with an up to date CV, alternatively you can contact PROMAN on 01422 387 319 and ask to speak with Scott or Finley if you have further questions about the role. You can also email a copy of your up to date CV to: Scott.Carapezza@Proman-uk.com or Finley.Hickey@Proman-uk.com.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply.