Job Title: Assembly Operative
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
Salary: £19,500 plus shift allowance and bonus OTE £21,905, excellent corporate package and company car
Hours: 6-2 / 2-10 / 10-6 Weekly Rotation
You will have the following skills, experiences and attributes...
· Experience of working as an Assembly Operative/Production Operative within an assembly environment would be highly beneficial
· Experience working in an automotive environment would be beneficial.
· Experience working in a time sensitive / JIT facility.
· Experience of following SOPs or working to strict quality standards would be highly beneficial
· Ability to put necessary efforts to achieve goals regardless of the amount of unforeseen events or circumstances.
· Ability to build and manage relationships with relevant stakeholders, applying appropriate interpersonal skills.
You will be responsible for distributing, coordinating and monitoring the daily activities of your team by managing resources for optimal productivity and profitability, while ensuring service, quality and health and safety standards. Duties will include....
· Uses machinery to assemble and complete the sequencing of parts in a specific order to high quality standards.
· Adapts handling technique according to type of goods handled and clients requirements
· Performs repetitious physical movements in a controlled, rapid and precise manner and aligned to H+S
· To ensure that strict procedures and timescales are followed.
· Competently uses warehouse equipment to move goods
· Performs necessary H&S checks on machinery and reports defects as necessary
· Executes operations within required timeframes and without having a negative impact on quality
· Records the movements inbound / outbound of goods using either hand held scanning devices or manual process
· To ensure that the inspection of goods is correctly managed and accounted for by proper use of manifests and tracking documents.
· Detects problems by checking documents or lists (damaged, incomplete, surplus or lost orders)
· To understand and comply with all departmental rules, agreements and quality procedures.
Our client is a global logistics business which is one of the top 10 largest companies within its sector. Due to a new contract win we are recruiting for a new start-up operation. This role offers the chance to initially be involved in an exciting project but also the chance for career progression and development.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.proman-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.