Aluminium Casting Operatives
(low pressure, gravity, dressing casting operatives)
Salary: £12 p/h
Week 1: Monday – Thursday 6am – 1:30pm Friday 6am -1pm
Week 2: Monday – Thursday 1:30pm – 21:00 Friday 1pm – 8pm
Be apart of the foundry process, producing accurately, defined, smooth and textured-surfaced metal parts.
- Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements while achieving quality and safety standards
- Ensure that process members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements
- Ensure full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain) practices at all times
- Ensure equipment is within calibration date and all systems are functioning correctly
- Ensure all records are completed accurately & appropriately
- Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated
- Ensure that the escalation procedure for quality concerns is followed
- Ensure achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets
- Ensure compliance of day-to-day targets and responsibilities
- Apply total flexibility within the facility, when required
- Manage work order closures and stock control transactions
- Maintain visible lead for adherence to procedures and instructions
- Fully support change over and/or line set up efficiency
- Prepare line set-ups for following shifts, including first piece buyoffs
- Monitor and maintain all safety equipment and tools
- Deploy the skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Desirable to have experience in a casting environement.
- Exercise considerable initiative/judgement in work methods and in interpreting and delegating work requirements/goals
- Work independently, reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead by example, gain respect from team and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work and people activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss