£25,000 - £28,000 Depending on experience
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00
Proman is working with a manufacturing business who is looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant on a full-time, permanent basis. You will be working within a busy Accounts team so experience within a fast-paced environment is essential. This is a varied Finance/Accounts Assistant position where you will be required to prepare monthly journals, reconcile balance sheets and, maintain ledgers. Therefore, experience in an all-round Finance position is essential for this position.
- Auto enrolled into our Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday (including statutory), rising by one day over five years, with each completed year of service.
- Life Assurance covering your annual salary.
- Subsidised canteen offering freshly cooked meals and sandwiches every day.
- Free car parking.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling support, legal guidance, and medical advice from qualified nurses, for you and your immediate family.
- Discounted Gym Membership.
- Discounted Blinds and Shutters, upon successful completion of your Probationary Period.
- Free Flu Jab voucher every Autumn.
- Christmas Savings Scheme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Collating documentation to support journal transactions for expenditure and sales in profit and loss accounts.
- Prepare and post monthly recurring journals for specified Balance sheet accounts and reconcile BS accounts including Insurances, Heath Care and Rates.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare and post inter-company journals, ensuring all figures are agreed by agreed deadlines.
- Maintaining cashbooks and credit card receipts – including downloading bank statements, recording bank statement transactions, posting all currency sales ledger and nominal items on a daily basis.
- Ensure all purchase ledger items are complete to enable daily posting.
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Review and reconcile Petty Cash book and cash on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with department heads to obtain approval for supplier payments.
- Ensuring there are adequate levels of currency to cover supplier payments.
- Completing reports for inclusion in the Board report.
- Issuing foreign currency to staff, ensuring sufficient levels of currency.
- Recognise, prepare and produce prepayments and accruals
- Coding and posting journals.
- Producing payment sheets for Assistant Company Accountant, including employee expenses.
Key job requirements:
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Accurate, organised, and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience of sales and expenditure analysis.
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Experience of working in a finance department.
- Experience of working with allocating concepts i.e., accruals and prepayments.
- Training to become or be AAT qualified.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Stock experience.
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss