Monday – Friday 40 hours per week 08:30 – 17:30
Up to £22,000
The Accounts Assistant position requires a customer service focused individual. The position provides customers, internal and external, with prompt and accurate answers on accounts activities
- Overall control of one of three purchase ledgers
- General assistance with the other two purchase ledgers including logging, processing and filing of invoices, and reconciling supplier statements.
- Inputting monthly subcontractor valuations and weekly subcontractor payment notices/timesheets
- Help with recording and paying staff expenses
- Help with recording credit card transactions and reconcile to statements
- Collate information for Intrastat reporting and other HMRC returns
- Assist with payroll
- Support with credit control
- Assist with weekly supplier payment BACS runs
- Update/maintain foreign currency finance facility
- Maintain and update credit insurance limits for clients
- Maintain fleet insurance database fuel card accounts.
- Manage petty cash
- Assisting other members of finance team across their own roles as required
- Monitor shared e-mail inbox
- Maintain staff holiday calendar
- Archiving and filing as required
- Help out with office administration on occasions – meet and greet visitors
- Experience of working in a Finance or Accounts department
- Experience of purchase ledger processing and reporting
- Experience of Microsoft Office (excel & word)
- Use of Sage accounting system would be advantageous
- Understanding of CIS reporting
- Keen to develop existing skills and learn new ones
- Confident and respectful communicator.
- Personable approach and demonstrate good sense of humour
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website http://www.proman-uk.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please visit our resource section on our website for more information.
Proman recognises the value of a diverse workforce that reflects the multitude of different people in our society. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and characteristics including individuals with disabilities and those from BAME communities.